Mr and Mrs Wheat,
Running one night I found the picture of your son, Robert Bittiker, posted on a wall in Central Park's reservoir. I was sadden by your loss and the loss to the family of his fellow soldiers. I took the picture and moved it to a place that's special to me.
On Nov 7th I pin it to my chest strap and ran it from
- Fort Wadsworth in Staten Island over the Verrazano Narrows Bridge
- into Bay Ridge Brooklyn
- down 4 Ave, into Bedford-Stuyvesant
- thru Bedford Ave, into Williamsburg
- to Greenpoint, over the Pulaski Bridge into the borough of Queens,
- to the Queensboro Bridge into the island of Manhattan,
- up 1st Ave, over the Willis Ave Bridge into the Bronx,
- over the Madison Ave Bridge back into the "city"
- down 5 Av into Central Park
26.2 miles of NYC.
Yesterday (Nov 11, 2010) I placed Mr Bittiker photo at the Breakneck Ridge Flag Memorial at the border of Putnam and Dutchess County in NYS, Longitude 41 24' 58" N, Latitude 73 57' 39" W.
Thank you both for allowing me to carry the image of your son thru the city that I love.